Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Bill Bye collapses- and the audience does NOTHING

Bill-Nye

This just pisses me right off. This highly intelligent and highly beloved icon of the 90’s after-school special era collapsed while walking to the podium during a presentation at University of Southern California (USC, for those less-than sufficient in their college acronymology-and yes I know this is a fake word, but suck it)- and the students did absolutely nothing! They sat in their chairs and did nothing. Oh, wait, my bad- they UPDATED THEIR STATUSES.

Absolutely ridiculous.

This doesn’t help USC with their image problem of thinking they are better than everyone else and it doesn’t help me with liking them- yes all of them- at all.

Here’s the article I read: http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_thelookout/20101117/sc_yblog_thelookout/if-the-science-guy-passes-out-and-nobody-tweets-it-did-it-happen

And yes, it is a one-sided account, but since no one from USC is doing anything but telling people on Facebook and Twitter that they “totally, like, read that they were in the news and stuff”, I don’t really care.

What can we take away from this?

  1. USC is full of tools;
  2. I further my hold on a complete dislike of the school and their complete douchebagery ;
  3. Bill Nye is getting old
  4. #3 makes me sad
  5. Acronymology should become a word.

Mike out!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I enjoyed this read. I enjoyed it very much.