Sunday, January 9, 2011

The Exhausting Realization of faulty Planning

Homecoming: Day 3, Part 1
"Early Morning Hussle"

For the record, I am not awake at 6:30am because of jetlag- I simply fell asleep at like 7:30 from an awesome day and I woke up accordingly.

But, I have been kept up with the realization that I haven't planned out everywhere I'm staying yet and even though I wanted a "non-itinerary-dominated" trip, I guess I got too cocky about my first real international trip and didn't plan enough.

So, in order to fix this, I have boiled down my options to thus:
  1. Pay monies to rent hostels and cheap hotels;
  2. Use family and friends as hookups for couches or floors;
  3. Utilize a world-wide couch-surfing website that gathers travelers the world over who have couches for you to sleep on.
Right now, I'm leaning towards the CouchSurfing thing because I can travel to more places and meet more people. Yes, MOTHER, there runs the inherent risk of the movie Hostel taking effect, but from what I have seen and have been noticing- at least in Norway- it's typically safer to do these types of things. They have a group on the CouchSurfing website that is called "Last Minute CouchSurfing". Those kind of categories aren't created if everyone has been abducted, ya know?

So, I've created my profile and I'm looking for places to stay on my travels for cheaper. Although, socializing and going out at night miggggght make it more expensive...we'll just have to see! If I stay mostly in non-EU countries, I'll be fine because of the exchange rate.

However, if anyone knows of family or friends abroad in the area, I'd love to hear about it!

Anyway, I need to plan a trip, so...umm..peace!


No comments: