Saturday, January 8, 2011

A dying iPod and two strange lights

Homecoming: Day 2 (technically), Part 1-

"I could swear I saw one!"

[Editors note: As you’ll see, I’m breaking up the days into smaller parts, because as anyone knows, I can talk about things I’m passionate about for a good while. Some of these parts may over lap, but that’s ok. Why? Because I said so]

So, it’s now 6am here and I can’t get back to sleep. I was actually really fortunate to sleep another 5 hours after I initially woke up but still- no one is awake and I feel inclined to stay put, ya know? I decided to look out the window, which was slightly illuminated from the massive amounts of snow outside. It was still early, early morning but because of all the gorgeous snow, it wasn’t completely dark. This left a light purple haze across the hillsides that I found completely encaptivating (if this isn’t a word, too bad. I added it my computer’s dictionary, suckas)- until I saw the lights. Two small lights across the lake that looked like headlights at first, but then I realized that they were two individual lights, not pairs. Oh, and as anyone might know about me, when I am tired or can’t sleep, my imagination wonders incredibly far. Right, so, my first thought went straight where it usually does: aliens. Yes, I swore they were alien headlights because as the picture below will show, I SWEAR I captured an UFO on film. Look! Look in the top right- streaaaaky thing!! AH! EFF! Sh*tballs, right?! Yeah, that’s how I was at 6am!

[editor's note: I had the photo, but in between noticing it and having my paranoid filled night, it has disappeared. Coincidence? I THINK NOT!]

Until I remembered the last Norwegian film I saw: Dead Snow. Right?! Right?! I mean, the movie is about a group of friends who go camping at an isolated cabin that one of their uncles owns. Soon enough, Nazi Zombies pop out everywhere and everyone dies. Oh, Spoiler Alert. Yeah! So, now, I can’t stop thinking about NAZI ZOMBIES AND ALIENS swarming around the house and this doesn’t help my restlessness, so I decide to listen to a collection of music that tends to calm me down and make me more at ease.

UNTIL MY iPOD DIES.

Now….I am effed. No computer ( I was afraid to plug in my adapter after horror stories of Christian’s experience- which I’ll include at the bottom of this post) and no iPod, there were NAZI ZOMBIES AND ALIENS swarming the house and I couldn’t sleep. What is a guy to do now?

Try to remember Norwegian vocabulary from years of learning the language. For instance, what is the Norske word for “experience”? The answer: utføre. How did I remember this? I wrote an essay about a magical experience doing “magic” for the younger kids in my grade school as the “Great Snowdini”. How long did this take me? At least an hour. Why? F*CKIN NAZI ZOMBIES AND UFOS, motha EFFA!

In any case, my first night was spent 50/50 between a jetlagged coma and a ridiculous paranoia-fueled imagination. Right now, I’m finished this post as I can hear Christian waking up. Time to Lumberjack! It’s a good thing we’ve got tools because I swear, if any- ANY- of those Nazi zombies or UFOs try to eff with me…well…they got two armed Vikings waiting for a fight.

Fra Norge med Kjærlighet

No comments: