Sunday, August 29, 2010

Say-What Sunday: Really Nip/Tuck? Really?


To QUICKLY touch up on what you need to know about Nip/Tuck:

CAUTION: SPOILER ALERT
  • Sean and Julia are kapoot (Sean effed their babysitter for the latest baby and Julia effed the dwarf care-taker for the child and they couldn't handle the lies, etc);
  • McNamara/Troy was bought out by a crazy old man billionaire and his hot wife;
  • Matt became a neo-nazi;
  • They brought on a partner who turned out to be a psycho-path with a passion for carving up hot people to make them ugly;
  • The hot wife turned out to be the right-hand chicka for the ringleader of the local organ theft coupe;
  • Since Sean found out about Christian being the biological father to Matt, they decided to go their separate ways- Sean to L.A. and Christian in Miami;
  • Christian uprooted and joined Sean in L.A.;
  • Julia is now an experimenting lesbian with Portia De Rossi;
  • Matt and Kimber are married, have a child, and are meth addicts;
  • Sean is banging Julia's girlfriend's hot and evil daughter (ironically named Eden)
  • and now at the end of Season 5, episode 7, Julia just went back to Christian for some hard-loving
BUT here is the reason why I write: not more than 30 seconds before the beginning episode 7 I thought to myself- "Hmm...I think the reason I still like this show is that it hasn't run quintessential episodes/themes that have historically turned me off to the show- aliens"- and then low-and-behold the FIRST patient claims to have been abducted by aliens because he heard their signal at NASA!!! Bloody hell!! It's either I'm somewhat psychic or I just have an addiction to television shows that always run an episode with something that tend to ruin the entire season for me...

Nip/Tuck did such an episode, but it was crazy because even though the main dude with the alien implant was the main dude of the episode, they focused attention elsewhere (to Sean banging 18year old Eden) instead of going off the alien thing, which I think would have made it work better. And I know, I know this goes my entire "I believe in aliens things"- which I DO- but this episode just didn't do may extraterrestrial buddies any justice, so this is why I am upset.

AND LASTLY: They finished out the episode to a montage of Matt making homemade meth and burning his ISH DOWN-to "Total Eclipse of the Heart" by Bonnie Tyler. Yeah- I know.

Come on, Nip/Tuck...C'mmmmon!


No comments: